Friday, January 13, 2012

Chapter 48 - Tacos and a Soul for Christ

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:
and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life;
but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

—John 3:36

As usual on Sunday morning in Orange Walk
Town, I made our rounds to pick up everyone
who needed a ride to church. Then I stopped at the
taco stand to get a snack for everyone before the
service. I was talking to the four female workers at
the stand about Hell and explaining who was going
there. All four said they were on their way to Hell.
I explained to them they did not have to go to Hell
because Jesus had died on the cross for their sins.
If they would repent of their sins; believe in the death,
burial, and resurrection of Jesus; and open their
hearts to Him; they could become a Christians and
go to Heaven when they died. The four looked at me
as if I were crazy. Then a woman sitting at a table
outside the taco stand asked me the location of our
church. I said it was right up the road on the right
and invited her to the morning service. She told me
her name was Karen; I gave her a gospel tract as I
paid for our tacos and headed to church.
    While we were enjoying our tacos in the fellowship
hall, Karen walked in and sat down, much to
my surprise. When we invite someone to church,
they usually do not come right away, if at all, but
Karen was different. We finished our tacos, sang
some songs, and prayed. Then I asked Alyssa to
share her testimony of what had just happened to
her. What a great testimony it was!
    I felt impressed to teach on salvation instead of
continuing with our usual chapter-by-chapter study
from Genesis. I spoke about Nicodemus and Jesus
from John 3. Then I turned to Romans 10:9–10 and
talked about being born again. We had prayer, and
Karen responded when I asked for those who did not
know their eternal destination to raise their hands.
    After I dismissed the service, Karen was the last
one to leave. Linda and I began talking to her and
soon discovered she did not know Jesus as her personal
Saviour. Before long, Karen began to cry, and
before I knew it, we were all down on our knees
as Karen confessed her sins and opened her heart
to Jesus. Karen became a Christian that day. I am
now at peace with the Lord, she assured us, she
thanked us for our help and said she would be back
again Wednesday night with her mother, though she
might be late since she worked in Belize City, an
hour from Orange Walk Town. Yes, Karen came
back Wednesday night, and yes, she brought her
mother. Praise the Lord!

(Copyright by Jay B Ayers)

No comments:

Post a Comment