Friday, March 23, 2012

Chapter 61 - The Mad Man!

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”


     On another day of visitation at Highland Park Baptist Church, after a delicious meal, a partner and I headed off to some townhouses to witness for the Lord and to give out tracts.  We were knocking on doors with good response.
     Knocking on one door, a huge man, not fat, just big, filling the door side to side and top to bottom answered.  Though I was six feet tall, he looked seven feet tall as we had to look up to him.  I said, “Sir, we are,” and that was all I got to say.  He said, “I told you to stay away from my door and never come back here again.”  I started to say something and he said, “Leave and do not ever come back,” as he slammed the door. 
     Well, that was an interesting encounter, but little did we know that was not the last we would see of this big man.  I started to put a gospel tract on his door as we usually do.  Suddenly, the door flew open and a wild man filled the door.  We backed off.  I looked at my partner and he looked at me (I knew we both were thinking the same thing) RUN!  But we didn’t.  The wild man got right up in our faces and said, “I thought I told you to get away from my door and never come back.”
     By this time we were backing down the sidewalk and he was coming along after us madder than a bear when you had messed with her cubs.  We continued to back down the sidewalk and the last words we heard was, “If you ever come back to my door I will beat you until no one will ever recognize you.”  We said, “Yes sir.” 
     We left the townhouse complex that night with a new respect for big, mean, wild looking mad men.  But it didn’t stop us from being a witness for the Lord.  We went right up the road to another set of townhouses and were treated great by everyone we met.  No, this man did not get saved, which was regrettable, but we never saw him again, Praise the Lord for His protection!

No comments:

Post a Comment