Monday, March 19, 2012

Chapter 58 - Do You Have Eternal Life Insurance?


“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6)



    I headed out to the church to do some work on a sign that I was painting on the side of the church building. The first letter, which was a 24 inch letter, was an E and guess what, yes, you guess it, I made the E backward which was a little annoying. You may be wondering why the letters are 24 inches in height? People needed to be able to see them from the road which is about 60 feet away. Not letting this little mistake hold me back I got the wall paint out and painted over the backward E. The paint took a little while to dry. This time I did not make the same mistake and was able to finish up the writing on the church wall which people would be able to read from the road. The verses I was writing on the wall was Matthew 7:12-14 “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
    After finishing, it was clean up time, which is always the fun part of any job. After finishing I got into my car to leave. Before I could get it into drive a truck pulled across in front of me. A man got out of the truck, came to the window of the car and handed me a sheet of paper. He commenced telling me all about how terrible the economy was here in Belize and if I would bring my receipt where I was buying my insurance for my car that the company he works for would beat their price. That did sound reasonable to me and would be considering his offer the next time insurance was needed.
    Carlos was about to leave when I gave him a Gospel tract and asked him did he have any eternal life insurance.  Carlos said that he did not have any of that kind of insurance. I went on to tell Carlos about the eternal life Insurance that Jesus gives and this life Insurance will take him to heaven one day if he decides to receive it. He said that all religions say they have the way to heaven and what makes what I am talking about any different. I open the Bible that I keep in my car and let Carlos read John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” Jesus is what makes the different whether you go to heaven or hell. Then Carlos remarked, “hell is here in Belize because it is so hot here.” I said, “Carlos, Belize is nothing compared to how hot hell is going to be.”
    By now Carlos was getting pretty hot standing out in the sun therefore I invited him to sit in the car. After Carlos was seated, we went straight to the Bible. He read John Chapter 3, and like Nicodemus he did not understand how a person could be born again. Then I explained the different between the physical birth and the spiritual birth. The more scripture Carlos read and the more I explained about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus the more he began to understand. Before long Carlos bowed his head and asks Jesus to forgive him of all his sins, come into his heart and be his personal Savior. Carlos assured me that he had become a born again Christian; was trusting Jesus to take him to heaven when he died and would be in church Sunday.
As Carlos was getting out of the car, I gave him a Bible. In front of the Bible, I wrote the time and the date he received Christ as his Savior. Thank you Beams Bible Ministry, Gulfport, Mississippi for supplying Bibles so that new Christian will have the Word of God to read and meditate upon.
    Carlos though he was stopping to sell some insurance, whether it be for my car or something else but instead of selling me some insurance he received the Eternal Life Insurance, Jesus, that cost him nothing but cost God His only begotten Son.
I never saw Carlos again after that day, but I do know if he meant what he said he became a Born Again Christian and one day I will see him in heaven.

 "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (James 5:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment