Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Preface - God Can! 64 Soul - Stirring Stories of Faith That Proves Just That!

“That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving,
 and tell of all thy wondrous works.”

 —Psalm 26:7

Through the encouragement of my beautiful
godly wife, Linda, and our children, Angie,
Jay Jr., Joy, and Chris, the Lord prompted me
to write about some of our experiences as missionaries
in Africa, Canada, United States Of America
and Belize. Fifty-five stories about our call to the
mission field and our more than thirty-five years
and counting of service to Him were the result.
     During the writing, I benefited greatly from
the exceptional help of Jack and Lois McLain and
decided to publish these stories under the title God
Can. My purpose for writing and publishing these
true accounts of our lives and experiences in the
Lord’s service has been primarily to be a blessing
and encouragement to others.
    I trust that as you read you will be strengthened
in the faith once delivered to the saints and that you
will rejoice with us in the way that God has met our
needs, often at the time of our most pressing concern.
Furthermore, We pray that you will see that
God also wants to meet your needs and the needs of
every true Christian.
    Jesus preached, “Ask, and it shall be given you;
seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened
unto you:” (Matthew 7:7) Ask, Seek, and Knock
gives us the acronym ASK! Time and again our
family has learned that our God and Saviour desires
to meet our needs as we seek to serve Him.
   Missions is God’s program today. “The Lord
. . . is not willing that any should perish, but that
all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9) We
have been blessed as a family as we have sought to
bring souls to the Saviour. We desire to challenge
others to respond to God’s call to “…go ye into all
the world and preach the gospel to every creature.”
(Mark 16:15)
     My life verse reflects my confidence in my Saviour;
“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew
thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest
not.” (Jeremiah 33:3)
    My prayer is that He will show you great and
mighty things, too, just like He has done for us,
and that you will raise your voice and proclaim to a
world desperate for a Saviour, “Oh Yes...God can!”


(Copyright 2011 by Jay B Ayers)




No comments:

Post a Comment